The student news site of Midlothian High School

Midlothian Messenger

Senior Night Planned for Last Home Game

Written by Mariah Miller

Tonight is the night that MHS will be honoring the Senior football players, cheerleaders, Pantherettes, band members, and color guard.

The theme for the game will be black out and there will be a pep rally during advisory in honor of the last home game and Seniors.

Landry Songer, a senior player for the Midlothian Panther football team, has already begun to reflect back on his final season with the Panthers.

“When I think of my emotions leading up to this game I think of fulfillment,” Songer said. “Although we didn’t reach our two team goals of beating Waxahachie and making playoffs, our brotherhood and the love we have for each other is the strongest I’ve experienced as a varsity player. We also already beat our record last year with the odds stacked even higher against us. My injury early in the season gave me the opportunity to ‘know my role’ and be the best encourager and water boy I could be, and helped me realize the importance of servant leadership. For me, there are so many positive takeaways from this season that outweigh our record, misfortune, and injuries. I feel blessed to be able to play one more time in our amazing stadium.”

Gabi Pollard, a senior cheerleader and varsity veteran, expresses what it has been like to be on the sidelines for a long time and the future.

“I love how our school is able to come together to support fellow classmates in what they love to do,” Pollard said. “With me being on the field, I have always loved when the crowd begins to get excited. I’m excited for our last game, although I’ve been a cheerleader for four years, it will be new to watch the game from afar.”

Many more seniors are also experiencing my lasts tonight in their high school careers.

“I feel that senior night will be one to always remember because I’ve had the most fun playing football this year with all my brothers no matter what the outcome of each game was,” Senior football player Marco Peters said. “I know that us Seniors will lay it all out on the line this week for our last home game. We are ready to play in our town one last time as the Panthers.”

Vice President of the Midlothian Pantherettes Landry Cunningham adds, “It’s a bitter sweet moment. I feel accomplished that I’ve performed all these years, but it will be sad leaving it and my team which is like family to me.”

Come out to the MISD Stadium tonight before the game starts to watch the recognition of the Seniors and their accomplishments. The game is scheduled to start at approximately 7:30 pm.

• Senior Night Planned for Last Home Game

News

What a Legacy They Leave Us

News

The Origins of Halloween Explained

News

Fall sports prepare for upcoming school year

Photo Gallery

Engineering creates roller coasters

Photo Gallery

WOW Showcase draws in the community

Opinions

Teachers of my dreams

Opinions

Earth Day encourages going green

News

In-N-Out Burger tickets now available

News

FCCLA teams bring home 1st, 2nd, 4th place at State Leadership Meeting

News

Seussical earns 5 nominations

Senior Night Planned for Last Home Game